The Prayer of Salvation
If you are reading this page, you have read through the Salvation Experience Study portion of this website and I am trusting that you understand that the salvation that Christianity is based on and what we believe to be the absolute truth is: that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and arose the third day to be your high priest before God the Father; that you cannot stand before the King of Kings sitting on His throne of grace without believing this to be true; that you must trust and believe that what was accomplished on that cross for you provides the covering that you need to be able to stand before a holy and righteous God and not die.
The Bible teaches us that this salvation is a gift based upon grace through faith. Christ paid the price for your sins, but you must individually accept that grace by repenting from your sin of rebellion, dethroning Satan and allowing Jesus Christ to take His rightful place as your lord and savior. The Christian life is having a living, breathing, intimate relationship with Christ and allowing the Holy Spirit to lead you in every aspect of your life.
However, as we discussed, even if you become a believer, the Bible says that you can quench and grieve the Holy Spirit who lives within you if you continue in subtle sins. It is vital that you stop and turn and go the other direction. Renew your thinking and get yourself rooted and grounded in the living, breathing Word of God and into a church that preaches the un-compromised Word of God. You can always contact our ministry and we can find you a good church in your area. Here are some important scriptures that you need to check out before you pray...
• Rom 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
• Rom 5: 8 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
• Rom 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
• John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
• Luke13:3b “But unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.”
• John 14:6 “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
• Eph 2:8-9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
• John 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.”
• John 14: 2-3 “In my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”
• Rom 9:9-10 “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
ARE YOU READY TO EXPERIENCE TRUE SALVATION?
Father God, I know that I am sinful and in great need of your grace and forgiveness. I admit that I have been in rebellion toward you, your precious Son Jesus and your Holy Spirit. I want to turn from my sin of rebellion and crucify my sin nature! I want to die to my flesh and follow You and the Holy Spirit with my whole heart, soul, mind, emotions and strength. I do believe that you, God, demonstrated your love for me in that while I was still a sinner, you sent your son Jesus Christ to die on a cross just for me. I now recognize my need for a savior and my need to apply and be covered by His precious blood so that I may live for an eternity in your presence. I invite you to come into my heart and life. I fully surrender to your spirit and ask you to baptize me with the power of your Holy Spirit that was promised to me.
Confession is a powerful thing! Take some time and confess the following Statements of Truth out loud . . . I did this over 25 years ago. It changed my life!
Statement of Truths
by Neil Anderson
1. I recognize that there is only one true and living God who exists as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is worthy of all honor, praise and glory as the one who made all things and holds all things together. [See Exodus 20:2-3; Colossians 1:16-17.]
2. I recognize Jesus Christ as the messiah, the word who became flesh and dwelt among us. I believe that He came to destroy the works of the devil and that He disarmed the rulers and authorities and made a public display of them, having triumphed over them.
[See John 1:1, 14; Colossians 2:15; 1 John 3:8.]
3. I believe that God demonstrated His own love for me in that while I was still a sinner, Christ died for me. I believe that He has delivered me from the domain of darkness and transferred me to His kingdom, and in Him I have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. [See Romans 5:8; Colossians 1:13-14.]
4. I believe that I am now a child of God and that I am seated with Christ in the heavenlies. I believe that I was saved by the grace of God through faith and that it was a gift and not a result of any works on my part. [See Ephesians 2:6, 8-9; 1 John 3:1-3.]
5. I choose to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. I put no confidence in the flesh, for the weapons of warfare are not of the flesh but are divinely powerful for the destruction of strongholds. I put on the full armor of God. I resolve to stand firm in my faith and resist the evil one. [See 2 Corinthians 10:4; Ephesians 6:10-20; Philippians 3:3.]
6. I believe that apart from Christ I can do nothing, so I declare my complete dependence on Him. I choose to abide in Christ in order to bear much fruit and glorify my Father. I announce to Satan that Jesus is my Lord. I reject any and all counterfeit gifts or works of Satan in my life. [See John 15:5, 8; 1 Corinthians 12:3.]
7. I believe that the truth will set me free and that Jesus is the truth. If He sets me free, I will be free indeed. I recognize that walking in the light is the only path of true fellowship with God and man. Therefore, I stand against all of Satan’s deceptions by taking every thought captive in obedience to Christ. I declare that the Bible is the only authoritative standard for truth and life. [See John 8:32, 36; 14:6; 2 Corinthians 10:5; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 John 1:3-7.]
8. I choose to present my body to God as a living and holy sacrifice and the members of my body as instruments of righteousness. I choose to renew my mind by the living Word of God in order that I may prove that the will of God is good, acceptable and perfect. I put off the old self with its evil practices and I put on the new self. I declare myself to be a new creation in Christ. [See Romans 6:13; 12:1-2; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Colossians 3:9-10.]
9. By faith, I choose to be filled with the spirit so that I can be guided into all truth. I choose to walk by the spirit so that I will not carry out the desires of the flesh. [See John 16:13; Galatians 5:16; Ephesians 5:18.]
10. I renounce all selfish goals and choose the ultimate goal of love. I choose to obey the two greatest commandments: to love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love my neighbor as myself. [See Matthew 22:37-39; 1 Timothy 1:5.]
11. I believe that the Lord Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth, and He is the head over all rule and authority. I am complete in Him. I believe that Satan and his demons are subject to me in Christ since I am a member of Christ’s body. Therefore, I obey the command to submit to God and resist the devil, and I command Satan in the name of Jesus Christ to leave my presence. [See Matthew 28:18; Ephesians 1:19-23; Colossians 2:10; James 4:7.]